Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween From Pregnant Cat!

In the 10 years I've worked for the NCRAR I haven't ever been even remotely tempted to dressed up for our Halloween parties. Until this year. For some reason my pregnant belly inspired me. I went dressed up as a pregnant cat.



The costume itself was super simple. A co-worker made some ears out of paper and I taped them to a headband. Then I sewed baby bottle nipples to my shirt, and that was it. I did actually have make-up to draw whiskers and a cat nose on my face, but I came *really* close to chickening out on the entire costume, and somehow leaving my face untouched made me feel less ridiculous (silly, I know).



There really is nothing like sewing nipples to your shirt to bring on the inappropriate comments. The photo above is of the recently retired director of NCRAR getting his milking hands warmed up. Overall, I'm pleased I didn't chicken out. I had a lot of fun.